The Adrounie House Bed & Breakfast, also known as The House of Two Doctors, overlooks the HISTORIC BARRY COUNTY COURTHOUSE in downtown Hastings. Our city has been twice voted as one of the "One Hundred Best Small Towns in America To Live In".
This house is an original Sears & Roebuck Catalog home. It was built from 1892-1894 by Dr. George W. Lowry, who became the mayor of Hastings from 1906-1908.
In 1922, after his death, the home and Doctor’s practice were purchased by Dr. Haroutoune A. Adrounie, a physician from the Battle Creek area. After his death in 1936, Dr. Adrounie’s wife (Dorothy) resided here until her death in 1988.
The house, which is listed as a Michigan Historical Site, sat vacant until purchased by Don and April Tubbs, the current owners and innkeepers, in late 1995. The home has been lovingly and beautifully restored to reflect the Victorian era. The front entry and dining room have wonderful inlaid floors of oak and birds eye maple. Four sets of huge pocket doors grace the main floor, with beautiful hand carved woodwork on the paneling of the open stairway and beneath the windows.
The six guest rooms, all tastefully and comfortably decorated with antiques, include private baths, cable TV, FREE Wireless Internet Access, A/C and ceiling fans. Sleep on freshly ironed sheets and wake up to the smell of coffee and a full breakfast. We are within walking distance of shopping, antiques, restaurants, and a four screen movie theatre.